Accessibility statement for Cogden Cottages
We aim to cater for the needs of all visitors in our self catering 2/3 bedroom cottages. Including one cottage which is equipped with a wet room which can be fully accessed by a wheelchair user. Five out of the seven cottages are on a single level and have no internal steps, and the route from our car park to all cottages is step free. The following statement is a summary of our provision. If you have any specific questions please feel free to call us and we will endeavour to help.
• There is a bus stop 0.25mile from our front enterance with a regular bus service to Bridport and Weymouth.
• Weymouth and Dorchester train station is 25 minutes away by car, with services to London, Southampton and Bristol.
• There are several local taxi services, if required, and we can make a booking
• We have a comprehensive website
• You can contact us via phone, post, or email (details below)
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• No marked parking bays; there is room for two cars per unit
• We can assist guests with luggage
• The shop and PO are 12-15 minutes walk from the Cottages. There is a public Phone on site.
Main Entrance & Reception
• Entrance to the cottages is through a small wooden gate down a ramp 48 inches wide. Entrance doors to the cottages is 33 inches wide, And all internal doors are the same.
• No 7 has three internal steps down from the hall way into the lounge. No1 Cottage has five internal steps down from the main bedroom area to the lounge/diner.
• Customers are given their own keys for there cottages and they accessible 24hrs
• There is wood laminate flooring throughout all cottages
• There are three pet friendly cottages that permit up to 3 pets.
• six out of the seven cottages have been fitted with baths and hand held shower attachments. One cottage is equipped with a wet room with a shower, shower seat and supporting handles.
• Furniture is flexible and can be moved on request.
• 3 cottages have 2 bedrooms one double one with twin beds and a 4ft sofa bed. One cottage has three bedrooms two doubles and one bunk bed an. One cottage has one double bed and one bunk bed. One cottage has two double bedrooms and two sfa beds.
• Each cottage is equipped with freeview TV, hard drive recorders, and dvd players.
• There is washer/dryers available in every cottage
Decking and patios
• The five south facing units have individual decks equipped with outdoor entertainment furniture.
• The two Easterly facing units have individual patios with out door furniture.
Grounds, Gardens, footpath and beach access
• We have an enclosed garden (flower boxes and lawns) for residents which is
equipped with two picnic tables.
• There are many public footpaths with in easy reach of the cottages, including the south west coastal path.
• We have direct acces via steps to our private beach
• Mobile phone reception is generally poor.
• We have fire proceedures shown in every cottage in the event that we need evacuation. If you require more assistance for evacuating please notify us on arrival and we will ensure you are
evacuated safely e.g. hearing impairment.
• We are a non smoking premises
• Address: Cogden Cottages,The Old Coastguard Holiday Park, Burton Bradstock, Bridport Dorset. DT6 4RL. Telephone: 01308 897223
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Website: www.cogdencottages.co.uk
• Hours of operation: All year round.
• Local accessible taxi numbers, and public transport numbers are available on request.